Straw Flags August 27, 2014
Our close friends recently celebrated their daughter's one year birthday. The theme was lemonade (perfect for a summer lake party). With the big decorations done, I decided to contribute with some fun paper straws and flags. This added a personal touch and was so easy to do. Definitely doing this again for A's 1 year! Also, great for weddings, showers, etc.
Seriously- easy! No strange supplies required and doesn't take long at all.
To make your life even easier, we made this template for you.
- Paper straws. You can find almost anywhere now, Target, Amazon, Hobby Lobby, etc.
- Paper (any color that you want but go light enough to where you are sure to see the writing).
- Double sided permanent tape.
1. Download our template and write whatever message you want. There will be a front and a back to the flag, so you can write two messages if you want.
2. Cut the flags out. I just did with scissors but if you want better accuracy, use an x-acto knife.
3. Tape flag around the straw. Make sure the double sided tape runs the entire length of the flag, this way it is tight enough to not slide down the straw. Also, remember to leave room at the top for sipping.
4. Cut a wedge into it, to form a flag. Again, can be done with X-Acto or scissors.
Give it a go and be sure to tag us so we can see what you've made! #hatchedbaby